Rickys Restaurant

I have had a couple of weeks to settle in at Rickys, formally Ricky Ricardo's (?...google may shed some light on that one).
I have had my statutory 2 weeks of stupid questions, What should I do next chef? What's in that chef? What container should I put this in chef? Where would I be if I were the grater chef? Etc...

So amongst other sections, they've thrown me into the pastry section with a ball breaking French-Canadian pastry chef, who only works single shifts, 4 days a week, she's had the last few days off and tomorrow, so I have got stuck in and made a few things,

P4's

We sell a petit four plate which has 6 items on it, here's some of the items I made today on my cheeky day shift.






Shot glass tiramisu- from the bottom up: coffee-marsala fluid gel, chocolate coated coffee bean, savoiardi crumbs, acerated mascaropne and grated 55% dark chocolate.







Baileys brûlée spoon, bakes baileys custard then brûlée






Truffles- Outer, dark chocolate and ground microwaved orange rind, Inner, Cointreau and Caramelized white chocolate ganache.






Raspberry and white chocolate friand, it'll be cut 4x5 then on the diagonal to produce little triangles of plain friand with raspberry+white chocolate gel on top.

In the mix will be also a chocolate macaroon and a mini cheesecake tartlet.

Tomorrow a new desert special
A play on Walnut and Banana, I'll keep you posted.

Comments

  1. Wow they all look great! SO do you get to do this all day?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Never Ending Chestnut Saga