Frikn Fire Engines

I foolishly offers my services when a colleague said she required a cake in the shape of a fire engine. I now see why good cakes cost big money. $60 for ingredients + 7 hours creating... You do the math. For an end result that started collapsing under it's own weight, but apparently it went down well in the end, so all good I guess.






Shaping the cake.

Lessons and techniques Learnt;
How to make fondant icing.
You have to have a sturdy sponge.
You have to have allow more time to finish your cake properly.

All edible,
The ground beneath was made from chocolate cake, gravel was poppy seeds and the grass was dried mint and parsley. Windows were made from toffee and ladder was made from White chocolate, In between the layers of sponge was chocolate mousse ganache, then all covered in strawberry jam before icing. the list goes on.

I doubt I'll make a cake for anyone other than family in the future. Perhaps.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Ending Chestnut Saga