Catalogue Backlog

Part of the purpose of this blog is for me to keep records of what dishes I come up with day to day. In this instance I have had a few images hanging around and subsequently a few stories to tell of how they came about. I always had a morbid fascination with ice"magic" and was never really allowed it as a kid and if it ever did find it's way into the pantry, generally my father and I would destroy it in a sitting or two. He liked the mint one and I perfered the plain. Dad also had a penchant for candied ginger; generally a taste reserved for the old. So to pay hommage to Poppa Loy I came up with ginger chock ice magic. The original mix didn't quite have the 'crack' I was after so with a little cofa correction and more cocoa I hit paydirt.








We had some failed nemesis cakes floating around the cool room and some light and dark chocolate ganache left over from valentines. i wacked them all together with some guar gum and skim milk, blitzed them and churned it. Not bad for a wing job but as the icecream matured it went rather hard alas at point of churning and upto 24 hours thereafter it was awesome, anyway to be honest the dish would have been better with vanilla icecream but it's not always about that so... Chocolate Icecream, ginger chockicemagic and carrot cake with sweet pistacio mascarpone

Pour the ginger chockicemagic on the icecream to set, in the meantime get stuck into the cake. Mix and match. Choice!
Posted from bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Ending Chestnut Saga